Monday, October 19, 2009

Mondays With Maddy

Maddy was in a wedding on Saturday and did great. The only hard part was telling her to be still....constantly. I felt like I was speaking to a wall! This girl can NOT be still. No, I am not medicating her. I don't feel that's right. She's a child, and children are supposed to be bouncy, happy, playing little people. LOL! If she just sat there all the time, then I'd be worried. The only time she sits still is in Church (because she fears the wrath of her mother!), school, and if we go to a movie. Movies at home, well, you'll find her watching TV with her legs behind her head, doing splits, and cartwheels. No lie! But, don't let that fool you, because she can recall everything in the movie!

I think she has found a new buddy in Crystal. Normally, she doesn't say too much about the adults in her life, but Crystal, well...Maddy has fallen in love with her. Crystal was busy getting her pictures taken and Maddy said, "I'll be right back!" So she jumps up from our table and runs to Crystal, just to tell her that she's going to see grandma and grandpa after the wedding! That is so out of character for Maddy to do that, so she must love her new cousin!

The only other thing to report is that she is getting very tall! I don't notice it, because I see her every day and it's very gradual. But it showed in her dress. When I bought her dress back in July, she stood bare feet and it touched the floor. When she put it on Saturday, it was atleast 3 inches off the floor! I had no idea she had grown that much in 3 months! She may be tall like her daddy afterall!






3 comments:

KDuncan55 said...

I've seen that little girl somewhere before.

I am talking about the one on the right of the second picture.

Amanda K. said...

Haha! I'm sure you have!

Crystal said...

She is so cute. She just loves posing. And yes, I think we are friends. I don't like children and she and Brooke were my rocks during the wedding.