Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Time!!

In reverse order.... Baby Tweety with a mask on. Well, somewhat..haha!
Scooping out the guts. This is her 1st time ever touching the insides. She's always been afraid of the insides..LOL!

Maddy and me : )


Maddy washing the pumpkin.



Last night we carved our pumpkin. I waited till the last minute to buy our pumpkin, so the choices were limited. I don't know why I waited...maybe it's because dragging two kids to the store is more difficult than dragging one out.











Last night for supper, we had mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in croissants), Frankenstein fingers (french fries), witches hats (peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss in the middle), and Dracula's blood (aka..fruit punch)!











Maddy insisted that she wash the pumpkin before carving it because it was "dirty." She wanted an original pumpkin face with triangle eyes, nose, and a mouth. Ryan has carved some pretty neat pumpkins before, so he talked her into doing a Tweety face instead. He drew it on the pumpkin and then worried how he would carve it out..LOL! I have to say, I was a bit skeptical halfway through carving, because it didn't look like Tweety at all. It turned out to be okay, though. The way he carved it makes it look like Tweety is wearing a mask. I'm just glad he carved it instead of me, because I can't carve a pumpkin to save my life! By the time I get done with typical faces, you can't tell an eye from a nose!

No comments: