Thursday, October 2, 2008

All for a bag of grapes!

This has been the day from doom! I could have said a lot worse, but I'll try to choose my words nicely! : )

I'll spare you all the details on how I tried my best to clean my house today with a "one step forward, two step back" process, or how my foster baby girl's sweet personality is missing somewhere and we haven't found it yet! Or how she had somehow managed to pull 4 diapers off her changing table while still in her crib and attempted to eat them when she was supposed to be napping! Or, the fact that it is 11pm and my stomach's growling because I didn't have time to stop and breathe today...let alone eat!

So I dropped Maddy off at gymnastics and told her that I was gonna go to Bilo and Kmart and I'd be back to pick her up when her class ended. She's finally old enough that I can do that now! I told her that if for any reason I wasn't back exactly when her class ended, to go into the playroom and wait for me. She said, "Well, can you be late, please?! I want you to be late every time so I can play in the playroom with the beanbags!" Yeah, um...thanks so much, Maddy!

I went to Bilo with 4 things on my list to buy: Sirloin tips for tomorrow's special home-cooked meal that I promised my husband, rolls, a tomato, and a cucumber. While I was walking toward the meat department I realized I needed dog food, so I almost threw my already hurting back out lifting the bag in the cart. Once I reached the meat department, I saw that they had everything covered in plastic! Everything! All meats, all refrigerated items, eggs, milk..everything. I figured something had gone wrong, so I kept on going to the produce department. While I was in that area, I noticed their grapes were on sale for 99 cent a pound, but it was just the white seedless ones. The original price and all the rest of them were $2.99/pound. I picked up a bag and headed to the check-out. The lady rang up my groceries and I noticed that the grapes rang up $2.99/pound, so I questioned her about it whenever she told me the total. The total was $13 and some change. She got a girl to run back to the grapes to make sure they were on sale for 99 cent/lb, and sure enough...I was right! Go figure! So the girl adjusted the price and my total now is....$13 and some change! Now had I not recently become a nitty-gritty bargain grocery shopper, I would have paid, taken my bags and my shy self, and left. But, with the price of everything going up these days, I had to question it. I'm getting brave as I get older I guess..LOL! Or maybe it's just that I don't care anymore, but with the 2 pounds of grapes I got, that equals $4 more than I should have had to pay, and maybe I want to buy my girl a Happy Meal tomorrow..LOL! So, I asked the lady (very nicely might I add) why I'm getting the same total give or take a few cent, when they just did a price adjustment. She tried to show me my receipt, but if you've ever tried to figure out a Bilo receipt, it will take all day!

She called the manager over there, and all I wanted to know was why I'm getting the same total even though they adjusted the price from $2.99 to .99! He must have been in a foul mood, because he then jerks all of my things out of my cart, jerks them out of my bags, and throws his hands up before he starts to re-ring everything up! OMG!!! The baby was crying by this point because she was so tired and I am livid! Why do people do things like this when they're supposed to be there to please the customer?! Well, sure enough, after re-checking everything out, my total was.....$13 and some change! Apparently, the lady didn't scan something the first time around, which was why I got the same total (give or take a few cent) I did the first time...when my grapes were $2.99! Boy did I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet when he told me my total! I was embarrassed, mad, hurt, but I paid for my things, and got out of there as fast as I could! I'm sure they laughed me all the way home!

So now I've got a hurt back (darn dogs!), crushed pride, NO meat, a tomato, a cucumber, 2 packs of sweet rolls, and a bag of grapes that scream at me everytime I open the refrigerator! I don't know that I can even eat these grapes now because of what they have caused me! Maybe I can try to crush them and make some good wine, cause I sure could use a good glass right now!

Oh yeah, and in case you're wondering why everything was covered in plastic, it was because their power got shut off and they were running on back up generators and they wanted to keep all of their refrigerated stuff cool! Serves them right, the ol' suckers!

Don't worry though, Maddy Bugg...you'll still get your Happy Meal tomorrow, cause mommy will want a burger tomorrow for lunch. Lucky you, sweet girl! LOL!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Ya know, the least the cashier could have done was say that she forgot to scan something and that was the reason the total was the same. The manager had no right to act like that either. He's suppose to be setting an example for his workers and what kind of example was that? I understand being in a bad mood, but still leave it at home, don't bring it to work. Hope you enjoy your burger today. :)

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!