Thursday, April 16, 2009

We won!

I was driving down the road one day listening to HisRadio 89.3FM, and they announced a contest for free tickets to the Family Life Weekend to Remember Marriage Conference. I got home and figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. So I wrote a story about Ryan, and then I checked the prices for the conference if we went and paid for it. When I saw the price, I clicked off the site, because it was pretty steep. So, I guess I forgot about the contest, because I really didn't think that my entry would be picked when they had thousands of other entries to choose from. Well, guess what? They picked mine! They called Ryan to let him know and when he called to tell me, I was so excited! Life is full of surprises, and this was one for me! So without further ado, here's my entry...

Ryan and I met exactly one day after we "met" on America Online! I was scared to death because even 10 years ago, you just didn't know who you were really talking to online. He picked me up at my parents house and we went to Pizza Hut. The funny part is, he thought they took a credit card, but they didn't. So guess who had to pay for our 1st date? Yep, you got it..yours truly! And yet I still fell in love with him! I tell him often that he owes me twenty bucks, but his response is always, "I think you've been more than paid back by now." : ) Ryan is my rock. We have been through 2 very devastating miscarriages, and he held my hand all the way. When our daughter was born in 2002, I fell in love with him even more. He is the man I prayed for, and God gave me a miracle when He put Ryan in my life. We have had really great times and really sad times, but through it all, we've kept Christ in the center and He continues to bless us over and over again. We'll be celebrating 9 year in July, and it seems like yesterday that I walked down the isle to his loving arms. I thank God everyday for him, and I look forward to many more years of loving him!


We are planning on staying one night at the Hyatt during the conference, since that's where they're having it. The Hyatt is also where we spent our wedding night!


Congrats, my love!!! We're gonna have a great time!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I've always wanted to go to one of those things! I love that story about you and Ryan!

Crystal said...

I'm so excited for you Amanda! That's awesome.