Thursday, January 8, 2009

My American Girl

Maddy received a movie for Christmas that she has been wanting, *Kit Kittredge An American Girl.* Now she is head over heels in love with the American Girls! I'm gonna be taking her to her first American Girl Day on Saturday, so we're looking forward to that. Kit Kittredge, in particular, was a 10 year old girl growing up during the Great Depression in the 1930s. Maddy's learned a lot about that era lately. Last night we finished her first American Girl book, and it was set back in 1933-1934. Since my grandmother (Maddy's great grandmother) was born in 1933, I thought that would be a neat thing to tell her. So, this is how the conversation went:

Me: "Hey, do you know who was born in 1933, when this book was set?"
Maddy: "Umm...Jesus?"

It took all I had to keep a straight face. I can't wait to go tell granny that Maddy thinks she and Jesus must be the same age! ; )

3 comments:

Allyson said...

HAHAHA! So Funny!!

amy said...

She's so cute!

Tonya said...

Yeah I'm sure your granny will get a kick out of that. LOL