Saturday, January 24, 2009

FOOD!!

Eat to live vs. live to eat, now that's the question!

Ryan and I, or maybe I'll say *I* have been hitting the gym hard and kicking the habit of bad eating for 24 days now. Ryan tries, but I think I'm a little more dedicated than he is, so hopefully my good habits will rub off on him, instead of vice versa! EEEK!!

So as we sat at the lunch table today, I started wondering, why does everything revolve around food? Our Church class is having an "after church lunch" tomorrow. Ryan said, "That's gonna be good." As I felt my hips growing further apart as he said that, I said, "No, it's not!" Sure, there's gonna be fried chicken, potato salad, and every other fixin' that a good ol' Southern Baptist would love! But I can feel myself gaining atleat a pound just thinking about it.

You'd never hear tell of anyone getting together for a game of softball or some other form of exercise..um..I mean...fun! Nope, food's gotta be there. You'd never hear of a family getting together for Christmas or any other time of year just to get together. Nope, you can bet your life there's gonna be food! Don't get me wrong, I love food just as much as the next woman with big thighs, oh shoot, I mean, the next person, but what has happened to us that we have to make the food be the center of our lives?

The other day as I was driving to the gym, I thought to myself how I was gonna celebrate when I reached my goal, and you know what thought popped into my head? Not shopping, not a mani/pedi, not a romantic getaway with my husband, nope...a celebration FEAST at a nice restaurant! Ahhhh!!!!

Seriously, I guess I have issues. LOL! Maybe it's the way I've been trained growing up, maybe I just go with the flow of the rest of society, or maybe I really do need some serious help. After all, I found myself leaning my arms and upper torso on the bathroom counter this morning just so I could see a number on the scale I'm happy with.

To date, since January 1st, I have had 8 oz of soft drink, and 5 french fries. I won't try to hide it. But that's much better than what I'm used to..french fries at every fast food restaurant! I'm looking forward to the end. Not too much more to go in the big scheme of things. But the depressing part is, no matter how much I lose, my body will never go back to the pre-pregnancy shape. Nope, my gut sags, my boobs sag, but that's okay, because I got a sweet little girl out of it, and everytime I see her sweet face, I'll embrace the saggin' skin and my ugly c/s scar! She was worth it!

No comments: