Monday, June 23, 2008

Beach Trip

I'm just finally getting around to blogging about our beach trip, and I'll add pictures soon. We had a great time! One night as we were walking along the beach looking for seashells, Maddy ran up on a huge crab in the water! It scared her so bad that she didn't want to go back to the ocean the next day! She quickly got over her fear when she realized what all she was missing out on! We didn't do a whole lot, other than relax, because what are vacations for, right? I could really kick my butt right now, ever since a friend of mine told me that they had a Disney Store at Broadway at the Beach, and Ryan and I drove right past Broadway!! UGH!!! We played Bouche Ball just about every evening. I hope that's how you spell that, because for starters, I had never even heard of it until Ryan's sister brought the thing out, and when I just looked up the spelling, there's about 10 different ways of spelling it on the search engine. Maddy was the "Bouche Princess" because she got to throw the first ball out that we played off of. It's a neat game.
Ryan took me out to a place called Cagneys the night before my birthday...good food! The next day, he sent me to a spa. God I love that man!!!! He had arranged for me to go to a spa in Pawleys Island for a massage and a facial. It was so relaxing! When I was finished, the ladies were telling me how sweet my husband was, because when he called them several weeks earlier, he asked lots of questions, because he wanted to make it special for me. I know I've got the best husband in the world. Just when I think he doesn't have it in him to do something like that, he springs that on me....so thank you, my love! When we got back to the house, there was lots of food and birthday cake waiting on us! Maddy had picked out the colors and decorations for my cake...sweet little girl!! There was a rainbow, hearts, and a giraffe on the cake! I got a gift card for the Olive Garden that Ryan and I intend to use this weekend, some collectible shoes from my sweet princess, a pancake/muffin mix set (YUM), Burts Bees stuff (that works wonders), a cute ladybug purse, and two tickets to Biltmore!! I have always wanted to go to Biltmore, and now I finally get to go! Our anniversary is coming up next week (Happy 8 years, babe!) so we are taking an overnight trip to go see this beautiful place this weekend. I can't wait!
We were sad to leave the beach, and we were just saying last night that we wish we were still there. Needless to say, we had a wonderful time, and were able to bring back some pretty shells, sunburns, and I'm still finding sand! LOL!! I have to run for now. Maddy is in gymnastics camp this week, and it's time to go pick her up. It's gonna be a great week for this mama!! : )

No comments: