Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Trip To The Riverbanks Zoo

"GRRRRrrrrr!!!!"
Baby Flamingos in the Bird Nursery!
For some reason this one reminds me of the kids song "Matilda Gorilla"
"I've got my eye on you!"
The Penguin exhibit was great!

Maddy and her mommy standing in front of the penguins.
" Surfs Up, Dude!"
My Two Tigers....on a Tiger!
Maddy holding a stuffed giraffe, and standing near a *real* giraffe!
"I'm gonna eat you up!!!"



We took Maddy to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia today. It was her first trip. We all had a good time, but it was so HOT! The sea lion was being lazy and sleeping, the gorilla was hiding, and they were all sold out of giraffe food, but we did get to see some great animals, including a grizzly bear!!! We're planning on taking another trip there, but it's gonna have to drop below 70 degrees first!

4 comments:

sophnstell said...

I'm glad you had so much fun, despite the heat!

amy said...

Sounds fun and the pictures are super cute!

Tonya said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! We went not long ago. We saw the sea lion. He was getting ready for a show when we got there so he was out and about warming up his performance. We didn't get to see the gorilla either. He must enjoy hiding a lot. I don't recall seeing the grizzly bear as well and the tigers were not out either. Maybe we just picked a bad day to go. LOL It was extremely hot when we went as well. I think Adam enjoyed himself though so it was worth it. Great pics of your family trip!

Allyson said...

We love the Riverbanks Zoo! I'm glad you all had fun. If you wait until October to come again, you can visit us at our new place and you'll have somewhere to stay if you don't want to drive back to Easley right away. :)